Amozon

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Losing Is FUN!

Well, it finally happened!  I lost about 5lbs...it's a start and I hope it continues at a steady pace.  This is the start of our 3rd week at the gym and to be honest I was getting slightly discouraged until this late last week.  I have been working so hard, trying to make a change in my body...but it seemed it didn't like what I was doing, lol.  

I found a machine that I really like, it's an elliptical.  I tried several of them along with other machines, and this one is great.  I was able to go 5-10 minutes at a time on other machines, then I would have to stop and rest for a minute.  I am up to 25 minutes nonstop and doing well!  The below picture is the elliptical I am using.

After working out on this, we do as many sets of crunches, wall push-ups, stretches, wall sit and so forth as we can take.  I did 4 sets of crunches, (80!) I am really feeling it!  But I was further inspired this morning when getting dressed for work.  I grabbed a pair of scrub pant from the closet and while pulling them up realized I grabbed a pair that didn't fit well.  Then I realized they are actually going up easier and not fitting nearly as tight as before!  It was a small step, but it made a HUGE difference!  It was the start of proof that this is working!

We started to play around in the pool last Friday.  That lasted the whole weekend.  It was a great way to get a workout and play with our kids at the same time.  Our youngest really enjoyed it a lot.  He gets to play in what he calls the "Kids Zone", lol.  In reality it is just a gym daycare (on steroids! lol).  He loves it, but swimming is his favorite as of now.  

I like the pool for multiple reasons.  First, it just feels good to be in the water.  Second, the resistance is awesome!  It makes me feel like I am doing something for my body while having fun.  I could go on and on, but I let's just say I love it!  

That is about all for now.  I will be brave in the following weeks and post pics of myself so you can see my progress.  I hope at least a few people actually follow this and can see a true story in progress.  I was once told I could never do this...I almost proved that person correct by gaining some of that weight back.  Well no longer will that be the story.  I dare that person to tell me I cannot succeed again...I dare you to.  I can, I will, I AM doing this!
                                                      
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment