Amozon

Monday, April 2, 2012

I SEE the Change

                                                      






Well folks, at the end of my 4th week, I SEE a change!  It is not huge and nothing to really brag about in the world of health and fitness, but it is a change!  The weight has not moved much, which still bothers me.  Everyone keeps reminding me that muscle weights more than fat.  Well, I don't think I have done enough just yet to build up any major muscle.  I just think I am s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y losing weight, the way you are suppose to.  They recommend 1 pound a week, and that would be about right for me, (sometimes a pound or 2 more, depends on when I weigh).  

I do have a fear that I am not doing something right, and today my suspicions were confirmed.  I heard from 2 people that I look like I have lost weight in my face!  Damn, I was working out the wrong cheeks!  I knew something was not going right! LOL  OK, it sounded funnier in my head.  I was hoping the weight would just start to fall off, but that is not the case.  I am no longer a 20 something year old, and my metabolism is shot to craps.  But I guess slow and steady is the preferred method.  It looks like I have no choice but to accept it. 

We started weights and it is going OK.  I know it will get easier, and for the most part it is not bad.  There are just a few of them that really kill me right now.  We are only doing one set of 20 on each of the machines for now.  As it becomes easier we can start a second round.  I am anxious to get into the weight a little more.  It is suppose to be a big metabolism booster!  And I need some boosting!!!!




                                                    
The cardio is getting easier, but at the same time, I keep upping it slightly.  Very slightly, lol.  I am in no hurry to break records and I am slowly getting the thoughts out of my head that I need to keep up with others.  I have obviously changed a lot in a few years and it is not a race to get back that point.  I know I CAN do this and WILL do this, just in my own time.  The only thing I grow impatient with is the weight.  I just want to see a BIG change!  But speaking of change, there is some slight changed in my body.  It is in the abdominal area and it is noticeable! :)  

Nothing much else new to report here, just plugging away at this whole health and fitness and looking for the changes.  I have to add that I am so very proud of my family for sticking with this.  My oldest son is doing awesome!  17 and not once has he griped about going.  He just does what needs to be done and makes me so very proud!  My 19 year old daughter is doing good, she usually does well, but if it interferes with her social life, she sometimes slacks at the gym.  Its a process and we are all learning it.  Keep wishing us luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment