Amozon

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Heart Bacon

                                           




                                               


This has been a slight struggle for me, trying to be as good as I can, but dang it...I LOVE BACON and I miss it!  And it is a no no right now.  I have come up with some funky combinations for bacon, but the above picture is NOT one of them.  I mean, I do love my bacon, but not that much! lol  Of course there is turkey bacon, but it is not the same at all!  I have been getting by with imitation bacon bits on my salads, lol.  I have seen some positive results!  Yeah me!  Its not a huge difference, but the number on the scale is going down...I have yet to exercise, one step at a time, lol.  Speaking of exercise, I think I might be making a huge leap forward with that soon.  We were out this last weekend for a friend's birthday party and ran into an acquaintance we had not seen in a couple of years.  He is a personal trainer and was telling about the gym he was working at now.  I explained to him what I want to do and he explained how it would be done, lol. And I am having mixed feelings about it.  


A lot of women want to be thin and healthy, this I know.  And I am one of them.  I know I can do this my way.   His way would work even better and probably give me more detailed and faster results.  But his way is so damn harsh! LOL  He explained that I would have to give him complete control for lack of a better way of putting it.  Which means, I eat what he says, I exercise what and when he says.  My issue with this, is that I do not want to become a slave to my own body.  Does that make sense?  

As I have stated before, I do not deny myself all things good to eat.  I don't think that is a good idea.  My way is portion control and trying to eat right.  His way will be balls to the wall, get her done kind of diet.  And there is that word I hate, DIET!  It will be an automatic exclusions of most carbs I am sure, all sugar and starches, etc...Wow, I sound like a whiny baby, huh?   I think I am just afraid, afraid of the failure.  At least with my way, I am not set up for immediate failure.  As long as I stick to what I am doing, eventually I will get to where I want to be.  No frowny faces if I take a big bite of my husband's brownie.  No feeling guilty if I skipped a salad or something.  Working with a personal trainer however, this is going to be tough!  

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.  Maybe it is just what I need to get the weight off and keep it off.  Maybe, just maybe...I can really to this!  I think it will make me more likely to stick to the plan if I have to answer to someone.  I don't know, we'll see how it goes.  Along with the benefits of using a personal trainer, comes the expense.  That is why I cannot just jump in.  I have to figure out how long I will have to use his services before I can be left on my own to do this and get the final costs.  I am getting a lump sum raise next month, and I think this is going to be a good thing to invest that money in.  Until then, I think I am going to start weighing myself like this:  

                                                

So much to look into to, so much to plan for and so much to accomplish!  I can't wait to meet my new body someday.  I am sure she is fabulous!  Until I can start with the trainer, I am going to stick to my current regimen and hopefully see some size reduction soon.  I found this on the web and thought it would useful to share with all of you: (Via naturopathyworks.com)

If you crave this…What you really need is…And here are healthy foods that have it:
  • Chocolate
MagnesiumRaw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits
  • Sweets
ChromiumBroccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, calves liver, chicken
CarbonFresh fruits
PhosphorusChicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains
SulfurCranberries, horseradish, cruciferous vegetables, kale, cabbage
TryptophanCheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach
  • Bread, toast
NitrogenHigh protein foods: fish, meat, nuts, beans
  • Oily snacks, fatty foods
CalciumMustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame
  • Coffee or tea
PhosphorousChicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes
SulfurEgg yolks, red peppers, muscle protein, garlic, onion, cruciferous vegetables
NaCl (salt)Sea salt, apple cider vinegar (on salad)
IronMeat, fish and poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries
  • Alcohol, recreational drugs
ProteinMeat, poultry, seafood, dairy, nuts
AveninGranola, oatmeal
CalciumMustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame
GlutamineSupplement glutamine powder for withdrawal, raw cabbage juice
PotassiumSun-dried black olives, potato peel broth, seaweed, bitter greens
  • Chewing ice
IronMeat, fish, poultry, seaweed, greens, black cherries
  • Burned food
CarbonFresh fruits
  • Soda and other carbonated drinks
CalciumMustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame
  • Salty foods
ChlorideRaw goat milk, fish, unrefined sea salt
  • Acid foods
MagnesiumRaw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits
  • Preference for liquids rather than solids
WaterFlavor water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses per day.
  • Preference for solids rather than liquids
WaterYou have been so dehydrated for so long that you have lost your thirst. Flavor water with lemon or lime. You need 8 to 10 glasses per day.
  • Cool drinks
ManganeseWalnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, blueberries
  • Pre-menstrual cravings
ZincRed meats (especially organ meats), seafood, leafy vegetables, root vegetables
  • General overeating
SiliconNuts, seeds; avoid refined starches
TryptophanCheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach
TyrosineVitamin C supplements or orange, green, red fruits and vegetables
  • Lack of appetite
Vitamin B1Nuts, seeds, beans, liver and other organ meats
Vitamin B3Tuna, halibut, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, seeds and legumes
ManganeseWalnuts, almonds, pecans, pineapple, blueberries
ChlorideRaw goat milk, unrefined sea salt
  • Tobacco
SiliconNuts, seeds; avoid refined starches






I hope this helps some of you, I am going to study it well and see what benefits I can reap from it!  OK, that is it for now...until next time, stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment